Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How is someone controlling my iPhone?

Is it possible for someone to be controlling my phone while I have it from another device without it being noticed? My device is the only one signed into my iCloud. But someone is deleting & editing videos pictures contacts etc. I’ve gotten protection on my phone, changed all my security & privacy settings, changed my passwords & pins & even reset my phone. I think my phone itself is being hacked. How do I fix it? Can I reset or change my iCloud Apple ID? I don’t use WiFi I use cellular data only. I’m not on any family sharing plans. It’s starting to drive me literally insane! Please help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 1:13 PM

My phone was being remotely controlled by a hacker that took over my email accounts and social media accounts. My identity was stolen and my phone was being controlled by the hacker. I would get booted out, my lock folder was accessed and now gone. A picture of my baby I miscarried was set as my Lock Screen and wallpaper. So many things so I had it disconnected but friends and still getting texts from the old phone number.

This phone iPhone 12 is new and it is extremely hot and one day I went to make a call. The number was disconnected but it was a business and from being hacked I was told to call that number if anything happens. I checked my scribbler, I have to write everything down and the number for the person was changed. It wasn’t even remotely close to the actual number.

Looking forward to seeing what others have to say or offer ideas for more security though I have done a lot to secure this phone.

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 1:13 PM in response to Courtneymurtaugh

My phone was being remotely controlled by a hacker that took over my email accounts and social media accounts. My identity was stolen and my phone was being controlled by the hacker. I would get booted out, my lock folder was accessed and now gone. A picture of my baby I miscarried was set as my Lock Screen and wallpaper. So many things so I had it disconnected but friends and still getting texts from the old phone number.

This phone iPhone 12 is new and it is extremely hot and one day I went to make a call. The number was disconnected but it was a business and from being hacked I was told to call that number if anything happens. I checked my scribbler, I have to write everything down and the number for the person was changed. It wasn’t even remotely close to the actual number.

Looking forward to seeing what others have to say or offer ideas for more security though I have done a lot to secure this phone.

Jan 7, 2023 12:42 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

My phone was left behind recording a few times giving anyone access to my phone.. which they would also be able to figure out my passwords to get in. If someone did have access to my phone what is it that they did to it for it to be controlled by another device & make everything I do or on my phone visible to them without iCloud showing another device?

Jan 2, 2023 11:01 PM in response to Courtneymurtaugh

iPhone was hacked while it was charging. The phone suddenly lit up and dialed a 1800 number, then garbage digits showed on the display. I tried to wrestle the phone away from the remote operator but they were lightning fast. they went into my settings and changed the emergency off screen touch controls, then started rifling through my most recent photos and when I tapped all over the screen and kept wresting the phone controls away, the remote operator dug in my latest conversations and pulled the latest images. Major lightning fast hackjob. Reset my iCloud and apple passwords. Yall should do the same. this happened around 10.45pm pacific time, Jan 2, 2023.

Jan 2, 2023 2:59 PM in response to MrHoffman

That is not a bad idea. All my personal information, my life is on my phone! I’ve noticed windows I locked night before being unlocked the following day after I’ve just got home from being out all day so I started recording it. Now they are editing all the things I have caught on my camera. I need to purchase a security system for my doors & windows as well!

Jan 8, 2023 12:44 PM in response to Courtneymurtaugh

For total peace of mind, you can create a new Apple ID and Apple ID Password for the iPhone. BUT and this is a big BUT, EVERY app you ever downloaded under the old ID will need to be repurchased under a new ID. Apps are forever tied to the Apple ID they were downloaded under.

At a minimum when you restore the iPhone and sign in with your current Apple ID to get back all your apps, CHANGE YOUR ID PASSWORD.

This is how you to do that --> Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Jan 7, 2023 6:18 PM in response to lobsterghost1

My phone was left behind recording a few times giving someone the opportunity to do whatever to it. They also would be able to figure out my passwords on my phone. So if someone did something to my phone when they physically had it what is it that was done to it for them to be able to see everything & also control it from another device?

How is someone controlling my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.