Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 6 plus doesn't ring on group texts. How do I fix?

My iphone 6 plus doesn't ring on group texts. How do I fix this?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 5:01 PM

Hey there donaldsonmd,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to provide some assistance.

Check to see if the group text message is muted. To do that, follow the actions under the "How to mute a group text message" section here: Leave a group text message thread on your iPhone or iPad

"How to mute a group text message

1. Tap the group text message.
    2. Tap the group icons at the top of the thread. If you're on iOS 14 or earlier, tap the group icons at the top, then tap the Info button .
    3. Scroll down, then turn on Hide Alerts.

Or, from your list of messages conversations, you can swipe left over the group text message and tap the Alerts button . With iOS 15, When Hide Alerts is on, the Hide Alerts icon  appears next to the conversation on the right side. With iOS 14 or earlier, a crescent moon icon  will appear next to the conversation.

Hide Alerts stops notifications for a specific group text message, but not for all the messages on your device. You'll still receive all other messages and notifications. Learn more about managing your notifications."

Keep us posted.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 5:01 PM in response to donaldsonmd

Hey there donaldsonmd,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to provide some assistance.

Check to see if the group text message is muted. To do that, follow the actions under the "How to mute a group text message" section here: Leave a group text message thread on your iPhone or iPad

"How to mute a group text message

1. Tap the group text message.
    2. Tap the group icons at the top of the thread. If you're on iOS 14 or earlier, tap the group icons at the top, then tap the Info button .
    3. Scroll down, then turn on Hide Alerts.

Or, from your list of messages conversations, you can swipe left over the group text message and tap the Alerts button . With iOS 15, When Hide Alerts is on, the Hide Alerts icon  appears next to the conversation on the right side. With iOS 14 or earlier, a crescent moon icon  will appear next to the conversation.

Hide Alerts stops notifications for a specific group text message, but not for all the messages on your device. You'll still receive all other messages and notifications. Learn more about managing your notifications."

Keep us posted.

Have a great day!

my iphone 6 plus doesn't ring on group texts. How do I fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.