Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot receive verification code for MacBook pro

I am trying to sign into my apple ID on my older MacBook Pro with MacOS Yosemite. It is telling me that it has sent a verification code to my trusted device yet I have no trusted devices on my apple account. I would use my phone number like how I do for the online account but it doesn't seem to give me an option. Please help.

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:46 AM

Hello Robbierobert666,

Thank you for sharing those details, we greatly appreciate it. With the option to receive a call or text not appearing, and having looked in to all options to retrieve a verification code, the next step would be to request account recovery. You can find more information about account recovery via the following article.

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

Take care!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 7:46 AM in response to Robbierobert666

Hello Robbierobert666,

Thank you for sharing those details, we greatly appreciate it. With the option to receive a call or text not appearing, and having looked in to all options to retrieve a verification code, the next step would be to request account recovery. You can find more information about account recovery via the following article.

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

Take care!

Jan 3, 2023 5:50 PM in response to Robbierobert666

Hey Robbierobert666,

Let's check to see if you have the option to receive a verification code from your Settings page instead. Follow these steps:

From your Mac

1. Go to Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID.
2. Click Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

You can find more information from this article: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

We hope everything works out!

Best regards.

Jan 3, 2023 8:51 PM in response to Nicholas_B2

I do not have any trusted devices, I only have 1 MacBook which I can't log into. It only accepts a code from a trusted device and does not give the option to get it sent to a phone number instead. This is only a problem on MacBook because everywhere else I can just use my phone number, like this website. What should I do now?

Thanks, Robert

Cannot receive verification code for MacBook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.