Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vertical lines when taking a photo

Hi, when taking a photo colorful vertical lines appear. These appear in low light, and mostly on the photo but not video or pana. I have turned on and off, removed the case, cleaned the lenses. I can see that this is a relatively common problem, but can see an answer that goes beyond, turn on and off, remove case, ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16.1.1

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 2:15 PM

A bit of an update. This was caused by a software issue. Updating to ISO 16.2 “fixed” the camera.

2 replies

Jan 3, 2023 2:37 AM in response to B.R.I.A.N..

To rule out a software issue, set the phone back tp factory settings, using your computer:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Then set it up as a new device, without using the latest backup and test the camera.

If you are still having the issue, visit an Authorized Apple Service Provider next to your place and let them diagnose the iPhone, or contact the Official Apple Support to do so:

Apple - Find Locations

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Vertical lines when taking a photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.