Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch - not counting steps, green lights sometimes on then off, not measuring activity on the watch

Hi having big drama with my apple watch

not counting steps, green lights sometimes on then off, not measuring activity on the watch

Tried hard starting both phone and watch

Unpairing both

Still nothing been like this for over a week , any ideas?

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 4:20 AM

Try and update your watch and iPhone to the latest available software to see if the problem persists

First, check this:

1. in the watch app on your iPhone, go to my watch>privacy>check that fitness tracking and heart rate are enabled

1. Go to my watch, workout, turn off power saving mode
  2. In the watch app, go to my watch>passcode>turn wrist detection on

After that try and restart both your iPhone and watch, while restarting your iPhone first

Are you using third party apps for fitness tracking, sleep tracking or heart rate, you might want to see if they are active, and if so, remove them temporarlily to see if the problem is caused by this apps

If the issue persists ,Contact - Official Apple Support to set your device up for service

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 4:20 AM in response to WarrenMus

Try and update your watch and iPhone to the latest available software to see if the problem persists

First, check this:

1. in the watch app on your iPhone, go to my watch>privacy>check that fitness tracking and heart rate are enabled

1. Go to my watch, workout, turn off power saving mode
  2. In the watch app, go to my watch>passcode>turn wrist detection on

After that try and restart both your iPhone and watch, while restarting your iPhone first

Are you using third party apps for fitness tracking, sleep tracking or heart rate, you might want to see if they are active, and if so, remove them temporarlily to see if the problem is caused by this apps

If the issue persists ,Contact - Official Apple Support to set your device up for service

Apple Watch - not counting steps, green lights sometimes on then off, not measuring activity on the watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.