Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp for IPad Air 2022

I’ve just converted to Apple iPad and love it. My only frustration is that there isn’t an app for WhatsApp and it seems not as streamlined as it should be having to keep checking the web based version. I use whatsapp a lot for my work as well as family and friends. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you for your help

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 5:24 AM

The WhatApp developers have not released an App compatible with iPad - the App being currently limited to iPhone. This limitation is the making of the App/Service Developer - not Apple.

Whilst the App is not available for iPad - you should be able to access the service using a web browser:

https://web.whatsapp.com/

If the available WhatsApp web-service is not ideal, you have two alternatives:

1) Use an entirely different commercial messaging platform

2) Use a different device - for which an App is available

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 5:24 AM in response to 31woman

The WhatApp developers have not released an App compatible with iPad - the App being currently limited to iPhone. This limitation is the making of the App/Service Developer - not Apple.

Whilst the App is not available for iPad - you should be able to access the service using a web browser:

https://web.whatsapp.com/

If the available WhatsApp web-service is not ideal, you have two alternatives:

1) Use an entirely different commercial messaging platform

2) Use a different device - for which an App is available

WhatsApp for IPad Air 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.