Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv not working

Can't login to icloud - says iCloud is currently unavailable

When I enter the password, and then the 6-digit code that comes to the phone, the Apple TV system writes to me: iCloud is currently unavailable ...

iCloud works on other devices.

Why is my iCloud not working on Apple TV and how to fix it?

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 9:32 AM

If using an older model like a 3rd gen then you need to do things differently. Enter the password, then manually request a code and add it to the end of the password.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support (CA)

4 replies

Jan 3, 2023 11:37 AM in response to grigorii129

Singing in for the iTunes Store is separate from signing in for iCloud.

iCloud has recently changed, and I think that may be a reason for legacy devices [Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier)] to lose some iCloud functionality, e.g. when those users have other devices that have been upgraded for iCloud.

There appears to be no official “discontinued” statement for this functionality and this model device, but quite a few users reported the same. Contact Apple Support for an official response, if they’re giving any.

No new software updates are expected for the 3rd generation model, as it is labeled obsolete for support purposes. So this issue won’t be fixed in that manner.

apple tv not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.