Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So is it beneficial to convert sim to eSIM if I have the capability to do so already on my phone? And is it recommended ?

So is it beneficial to convert sim to eSIM if I have the capabilities to do so? And is it recommended?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, 16

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 9:29 AM

If your carrier supports it, it's fine to do. There's no specific advantage over regular physical SIM cards, but it's a way to prepare for the future. As no doubt phones in the future will rely solely on eSims.

It's hard to say whether it's recommended. It's just an option at this point and entirely up to you if you want to do it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 9:29 AM in response to DaLibra17

If your carrier supports it, it's fine to do. There's no specific advantage over regular physical SIM cards, but it's a way to prepare for the future. As no doubt phones in the future will rely solely on eSims.

It's hard to say whether it's recommended. It's just an option at this point and entirely up to you if you want to do it.

So is it beneficial to convert sim to eSIM if I have the capability to do so already on my phone? And is it recommended ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.