Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote display is not working.

It appears that the USB-c ports on my iMac running Ventura stopped working, the display works as well as the cabling, those were verified with another computer. I have tried a different peripheral and it is not working.

My mac works just fine but I cannot get the displays to run.

Running Ventura 13.1

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 1:28 PM

Hello ColinFlickstein,

If one of the ports on your Mac isn't working, resetting the SMC may help, as it's responsible for managing power on your Mac. Check out Reset the SMC of your Mac.

"Desktop computer

If your Mac isn't a laptop computer, follow these steps:

1. Shut down your Mac, then unplug the power cord.
  2. Wait 15 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.
  3. Wait 5 seconds, then press the power button to turn on your Mac."

If you continue to experience issues with the ports, you can Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac to confirm a potential hardware issue.

Apple Diagnostics reference codes can provide more insight into what the code(s) mean, if you receive any.

Should you identify a hardware issue using Apple Diagnostics, you'll want to contact Apple Support for service options.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 1:28 PM in response to ColinFlickstein

Hello ColinFlickstein,

If one of the ports on your Mac isn't working, resetting the SMC may help, as it's responsible for managing power on your Mac. Check out Reset the SMC of your Mac.

"Desktop computer

If your Mac isn't a laptop computer, follow these steps:

1. Shut down your Mac, then unplug the power cord.
  2. Wait 15 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.
  3. Wait 5 seconds, then press the power button to turn on your Mac."

If you continue to experience issues with the ports, you can Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac to confirm a potential hardware issue.

Apple Diagnostics reference codes can provide more insight into what the code(s) mean, if you receive any.

Should you identify a hardware issue using Apple Diagnostics, you'll want to contact Apple Support for service options.

Regards.

Remote display is not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.