Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Support page

Hi, in your support page you wrote this About lossless audio in Apple Music:

Can I re-download my iTunes purchases in lossless audio?

If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can re-download music in lossless format from the Apple Music catalogue only.

I am an Apple music subscriber and I turn on all losseless options in playback preferences, transmission and download in my Mac mini iTunes

I would like to know how is the right way to do it

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 11:41 AM

See About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support, in particular:

What you need to know about lossless audio in Apple Music

• Streaming lossless audio using mobile data or a Wi-Fi network consumes significantly more data. And downloaded lossless audio files take up significantly more space on your device. Higher resolutions use more data than lower ones.
  • AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation) and Beats wireless headphones use Apple AAC Bluetooth Codec to ensure excellent audio quality. However, Bluetooth connections aren't lossless.
  • To get a lossless version of music that you've already downloaded from Apple Music, just delete the music and re-download it from the Apple Music catalogue. (Right-click > remove download, right-click > download)

Note that the lossless versions that you can download contain DRM and are only valid while you have an active subscription to Apple Music. You don't get a permanent upgrade to your purchases.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 11:41 AM in response to GoldsteinSucky

See About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support, in particular:

What you need to know about lossless audio in Apple Music

• Streaming lossless audio using mobile data or a Wi-Fi network consumes significantly more data. And downloaded lossless audio files take up significantly more space on your device. Higher resolutions use more data than lower ones.
  • AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation) and Beats wireless headphones use Apple AAC Bluetooth Codec to ensure excellent audio quality. However, Bluetooth connections aren't lossless.
  • To get a lossless version of music that you've already downloaded from Apple Music, just delete the music and re-download it from the Apple Music catalogue. (Right-click > remove download, right-click > download)

Note that the lossless versions that you can download contain DRM and are only valid while you have an active subscription to Apple Music. You don't get a permanent upgrade to your purchases.

tt2

Support page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.