Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro screen - lines on side and bottom of screen

My MacBook has colored flickering lines on the bottom and left side of the screen. Any ideas on how to fix this or is this curtains for my laptop?

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 1:57 PM

iiirish wrote:

My MacBook has colored flickering lines on the bottom and left side of the screen. Any ideas on how to fix this or is this curtains for my laptop?

On am Intel Mac— you can Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

I suspect it is a hardware issue. A screen shot comes directly from the GPU— so if you do not see the artifact in the screen shot you can suspect a display issue.

Another test would be to plug in an external monitor and compare your results on the external.

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 1:57 PM in response to iiirish

iiirish wrote:

On am Intel Mac— you can Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

I suspect it is a hardware issue. A screen shot comes directly from the GPU— so if you do not see the artifact in the screen shot you can suspect a display issue.

Another test would be to plug in an external monitor and compare your results on the external.

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

MacBook Pro screen - lines on side and bottom of screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.