Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I play music in my itunes that i uploaded from a CD?

The question is…

I have seen this question ducked a few times over the years.

So Two things to start

1. A subscription to apple music IS NOT the solution I am looking for.
  2. I am only talking about music that i have uploaded to itunes from a CD. No other music. No other situations. No other options or examples need to be explored or explained in your response..

I simply want to know

1. can we listen to those songs we uploaded from CD??? (Please begin your answer with Yes or No)

two. If, “yes”How do we play the songs that we uploaded to itunes from a CD on another device (iphone or ipad or ipod)??

thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 3:38 PM

Yes,

If you rip the CD with iTunes/Music, the tracks will automatically be placed into your library and you can play them by double-clicking. If you have the files from a previous rip, but they are not in your iTunes/Music library, add them: Import music from a computer to Music on Mac - Apple Support

To get the songs onto a device without using a subscription, connect directly to the computer and do the sync: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 3:38 PM in response to davidrmongeau

Yes,

If you rip the CD with iTunes/Music, the tracks will automatically be placed into your library and you can play them by double-clicking. If you have the files from a previous rip, but they are not in your iTunes/Music library, add them: Import music from a computer to Music on Mac - Apple Support

To get the songs onto a device without using a subscription, connect directly to the computer and do the sync: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Jan 5, 2023 9:49 AM in response to davidrmongeau

… When I connect the device to the Imac (where the songs are), the icon (for the device) no longer shows up in itunes therefore I cannot complete that sync process. Thanks for reply.

David,

Are you using a recent Mac (with macOS Catalina or newer as the OS)? If so, the iDevice will show up in Finder, not iTunes. See previously linked document titled "Use the Finder..." Does that do the trick?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.