Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Ventura 13.1 keeps asking me to agree to new icloud terms and conditions over and over again

macOS Ventura 13.1 keeps asking me to agree to new iCloud terms and conditions over and over again

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 6:15 PM

Hello Groucho1948,

It can help to see if the issue is specific to the current user account or if it's system-wide on the Mac.

To test that out, this page can help with adding another Admin account if needed: Add a user or group on Mac

Add a user
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Users & Groups  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
2. Click the Add Account button below the list of users on the right (you may be asked to enter your password.)
3. Click the New Account pop-up menu, then choose a type of user.
•Administrator: An administrator can add and manage other users, install apps, and change settings. The new user you create when you first set up your Mac is an administrator. Your Mac can have multiple administrators. You can create new ones, and convert standard users to administrators. Don’t set up automatic login for an administrator. If you do, someone could simply restart your Mac and gain access with administrator privileges. To keep your Mac secure, don’t share administrator names and passwords.

For more information about the options for each type of user, click the Help button in the lower-left corner of the dialog.
4. Enter a full name for the new user. An account name is generated automatically. To use a different account name, enter it now—you can’t change it later.
5. Enter a password for the user, then enter it again to verify. Enter a password hint to help the user remember their password.
6. Click Create User.

If it does occur in the newly created account then it can help to see if the same issue happens on another Mac or Wi-Fi network, if possible. This can help to get things isolated down, and see if the issue is specific to the Mac or the network.

It can also help to see if you're able to successfully log in to the iCloud website: iCloud

Cheers.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 6:15 PM in response to Groucho1948

Hello Groucho1948,

It can help to see if the issue is specific to the current user account or if it's system-wide on the Mac.

To test that out, this page can help with adding another Admin account if needed: Add a user or group on Mac

Add a user
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Users & Groups  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
2. Click the Add Account button below the list of users on the right (you may be asked to enter your password.)
3. Click the New Account pop-up menu, then choose a type of user.
•Administrator: An administrator can add and manage other users, install apps, and change settings. The new user you create when you first set up your Mac is an administrator. Your Mac can have multiple administrators. You can create new ones, and convert standard users to administrators. Don’t set up automatic login for an administrator. If you do, someone could simply restart your Mac and gain access with administrator privileges. To keep your Mac secure, don’t share administrator names and passwords.

For more information about the options for each type of user, click the Help button in the lower-left corner of the dialog.
4. Enter a full name for the new user. An account name is generated automatically. To use a different account name, enter it now—you can’t change it later.
5. Enter a password for the user, then enter it again to verify. Enter a password hint to help the user remember their password.
6. Click Create User.

If it does occur in the newly created account then it can help to see if the same issue happens on another Mac or Wi-Fi network, if possible. This can help to get things isolated down, and see if the issue is specific to the Mac or the network.

It can also help to see if you're able to successfully log in to the iCloud website: iCloud

Cheers.

Jan 5, 2023 10:09 AM in response to Eric_G1

Thanks for your prompt response. You are right about the problem. I discovered last night when the contents of a number of articles I had read came together and I realized I had an old, inactive account. Once removed all is well. What I don't understand is that account has been there for almost 2 years and it never caused this problem before. Ain't computers wonderful.

macOS Ventura 13.1 keeps asking me to agree to new icloud terms and conditions over and over again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.