Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Air M2 laggy while in poker

Brand new M2 256gb 8gb Macbook Air - is showing a lagging experience and sometimes disconnects (will not re-connect) while using Pokerstars - other than that not as peppy as prev Macbook. Anyone have a solution - this machine is wifi connected to Apple Extreme Router but not current vintage. We have a Rogers modem showing 5G so wonder if that level might be a solution?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 11:11 AM

I have a solution finally - it was the Modem from the ISP that was the choke point - only allowing 140MB download via Wifi. Their solution was upgrade to IP cable TV (new level of wifi "ac") so I swapped out a very old hard wired Apple Extreme router (same wifi speed) and hard wired a Gen 6 Airport Extreme that broadcasted in a 500MB download wifi signal. Poker is showing 100% connection now.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 11:11 AM in response to Sean_B1

I have a solution finally - it was the Modem from the ISP that was the choke point - only allowing 140MB download via Wifi. Their solution was upgrade to IP cable TV (new level of wifi "ac") so I swapped out a very old hard wired Apple Extreme router (same wifi speed) and hard wired a Gen 6 Airport Extreme that broadcasted in a 500MB download wifi signal. Poker is showing 100% connection now.

Jan 4, 2023 7:58 PM in response to Sean_B1

The Wifi is solid - issue has only started since upgrade and transfer from Macbook Retina to new M2 Air. We used Migration Assistant and now issue is present - it was not present on MB Retina. I have added a New User and we are trying this to see if the lagging continues. If we find it a better solution I will Time Machine the MB Air and then re-install OS then return Time MAchine backup.

Mac Air M2 laggy while in poker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.