Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple One Premier and family sharing

Hi,

I have the Apple One Premier plan so me and my wife can both use the apps on our respective devices, iPhones and ipads. I invited her to family sharing from my device. She accepted the invitation on her iPhone and the family sharing also shows as enabled on her ipad. So far so good.

However, when she starts the Fitness app or the Music app, it asks for to pay money for another subscription. Why can't she is these apps via family sharing with her apple ID???

Thanks.

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 6:40 PM

Called Apple Support and their answer resolved the problem - She had to sign out of Media and Purchases under Family Sharing and sign back in. The settings for that were not syncing. Once we did that, all apps started working! Previously we were signing out and back in from the main Apple ID page which didn't help. Knowledgeable guy helped us out! Thank you!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 6:40 PM in response to Limnos

Called Apple Support and their answer resolved the problem - She had to sign out of Media and Purchases under Family Sharing and sign back in. The settings for that were not syncing. Once we did that, all apps started working! Previously we were signing out and back in from the main Apple ID page which didn't help. Knowledgeable guy helped us out! Thank you!

Jan 3, 2023 6:17 PM in response to ameetc

Makes sure you have activated purchase sharing.

How to download apps and content that your family members purchased - Apple Support

Make sure the software is up to date on all devices involved.

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Sometimes it helps to have the devices involved take a fresh look at settings:

● If this is a service, try disabling it and turning it back on.

● Try signing out of accounts and back in again.

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

● Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support then choose your model.

iPad: Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Mac: Ways to start up your Mac - Apple Support

If you see a message saying to try again later, see if it's a system issue: Apple - Support - System Status

If a problem persists, particularly over several days, try contacting Apple for assistance:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT201232

Apple One Premier and family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.