Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar scam different than other ones I have seen

I accidentally clicked on a link and it prompted to go to make a new calender and started typing random stuff in it, I panicked and quickly clicked cancel and there were no signs of a virus or scam showing up but I am very paranoid as for most people it was a pop-up rather than a spam on a new calender url, please let me know what I should do.

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 10:23 PM

Are you seeing something as shown in pic below?

Then probably you have accepted an offer or subscribed for a spam Calendar accidentally. Watch the GIF below to know how to unsubscribe from these alerts. Look for an unknown Calendar on the device under subscribed calendars.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 10:23 PM in response to ashrit194

Are you seeing something as shown in pic below?

Then probably you have accepted an offer or subscribed for a spam Calendar accidentally. Watch the GIF below to know how to unsubscribe from these alerts. Look for an unknown Calendar on the device under subscribed calendars.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken.

calendar scam different than other ones I have seen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.