Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro 2 can't place or receive phone calls

My new AirPods Pro 2 won't place or answer phone calls on my Iphone XS.

When placing a call with Airpods Pro 2 connected, there is an audio delay. After the recipient answers, usually the headphones start working after about five seconds.

I am unable to receive calls with Airpods Pro 2. I will answer the call, switch to speaker, then after a few seconds switch back to Airpods and then *sometimes* that works and I can hear audio via the airpods.

Airpods Pro 2 works great for music and video. My IOS is fully updated. I even connected the Airpods Pro 2 to another iphone (Iphone 14 Plus) and the headphones work perfectly with the 14 Plus.

Here's what I've tried:

--Erased All Network Settings on Iphone XS

--Hard reset of Iphone XS

--Re-paired (over and over) the Airpods Pro 2

--Deleted (Forgot all Devices) all Bluetooth devices on Iphone XS

--Unpaired Iphone Watch from Iphone XS

--In Airpods settings, changed microphone from "Automatically Switch Airpods" to "Always Left Airpod"

--My battery is fully charged on Iphone XS

--My Airpods are not connected to any other Apple devices.

I've researched this topic online and tried numerous suggestions with no success.

Why would the Airpods Pro 2 work perfectly on the Iphone 14 Plus but not work with my Iphone XS. I'm running same IOS on both - 16.2.

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 3:29 PM

Try this and please post if this resolves the issue.

1. Go to settings
  2. Go to Accessibility
  3. Go to Touch
  4. Go to Call Audio Routing
  5. Select the Bluetooth Headset instead of the Automatic

Similar questions

3 replies

AirPods Pro 2 can't place or receive phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.