Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi connection failure

For the past days my iPhone X is not auto connecting to my home wifi. The issue started at work last week when I was failing to auto connect to the work wifi and when I would manually connect it would just say unable to connect to the wifi. So I thought maybe our work wifi service was down. This was until I was at home and I noticed the same problem as it still would not auto join my home wifi. I initially suspected that maybe it was an issue with my ISP, but I noticed that the connection was seamless on my Samsung Tab. I have tried rebooting the phone, forgetting the network several times and even resetting network settings after I did a couple of google researches but the problem is still persistent. Please kindly assist as this is very inconveniencing and annoying.

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 12:47 AM

Is this your Home Wi-Fi or Office Wi-Fi?

If it is home Wi-Fi: Please contact your Internet service provider or the agency that installed the router.

If it is Office Wi-Fi: Please contact your system administrator in your office.

There is nothing that can be done on the iPhone except to reset the following...

Reset Network Settings: Only network settings are removed.

• When you reset network settings, previously used networks and VPN settings that weren’t installed by a configuration profile or mobile device management (MDM) are removed. Wi-Fi is turned off and then back on, disconnecting you from any network you’re on. The Wi-Fi and Ask to Join Networks settings remain turned on.
  • To remove VPN settings installed by a configuration profile, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, select the configuration profile, and then tap Remove Profile. This also removes other settings and accounts provided by the profile. See Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone in this guide.
  • To remove network settings installed by MDM, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, select the management, then tap Remove Management. This also removes other settings and certificates provided by MDM. See “Mobile device management (MDM)” in the iOS Deployment Reference.
  • Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

If the above fails...

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

• What this effectively does is reset some of your Settings to factory default. It’s not a complete removal of settings. It removes all of your preferences for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do No Disturb, Notifications, General, Sounds, Brightness & Wallpaper and Privacy.
  • Resetting all settings also reverts all your personalized and customized features like wallpapers and accessibility settings back to factory defaults.
  • Performing this action does not impact any of your personal device data, including photos, videos, notes, messages, reminders, emails, calendars, texts, documents, and other files

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 12:47 AM in response to shaylet

Is this your Home Wi-Fi or Office Wi-Fi?

If it is home Wi-Fi: Please contact your Internet service provider or the agency that installed the router.

If it is Office Wi-Fi: Please contact your system administrator in your office.

There is nothing that can be done on the iPhone except to reset the following...

Reset Network Settings: Only network settings are removed.

• When you reset network settings, previously used networks and VPN settings that weren’t installed by a configuration profile or mobile device management (MDM) are removed. Wi-Fi is turned off and then back on, disconnecting you from any network you’re on. The Wi-Fi and Ask to Join Networks settings remain turned on.
  • To remove VPN settings installed by a configuration profile, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, select the configuration profile, and then tap Remove Profile. This also removes other settings and accounts provided by the profile. See Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone in this guide.
  • To remove network settings installed by MDM, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, select the management, then tap Remove Management. This also removes other settings and certificates provided by MDM. See “Mobile device management (MDM)” in the iOS Deployment Reference.
  • Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

If the above fails...

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

• What this effectively does is reset some of your Settings to factory default. It’s not a complete removal of settings. It removes all of your preferences for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do No Disturb, Notifications, General, Sounds, Brightness & Wallpaper and Privacy.
  • Resetting all settings also reverts all your personalized and customized features like wallpapers and accessibility settings back to factory defaults.
  • Performing this action does not impact any of your personal device data, including photos, videos, notes, messages, reminders, emails, calendars, texts, documents, and other files

Wifi connection failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.