Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lumix RW2 files on Photoshop

I updated to MacOS Ventura 13,1 , and suddenly I could not open the .RW2 files from my Lumix DC - G9, is this an instal problem or does Ventura 13,1 not support .RW2-files from Lumix DC-G9 ? I have the RAW-file plugin.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 5:50 AM

In Ventura 13.1, there is camera RAW support for the Lumix DC-GF9 and GX9 cameras. There is also support for the DMC-G1 thru G8 camersa, but not shown for a DC-G9 model. You can see this in:

Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 16, iPadOS 16, and macOS Ventura - Apple Support

I just downloaded an RW2 sample image from DPReview's review of the Lumix DC-G9 camera to Ventura 13.1. It displayed a Finder icon, opened in Quick Look and Apple's Preview had no issue displaying the RAW image.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 5:50 AM in response to tor176

In Ventura 13.1, there is camera RAW support for the Lumix DC-GF9 and GX9 cameras. There is also support for the DMC-G1 thru G8 camersa, but not shown for a DC-G9 model. You can see this in:

Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 16, iPadOS 16, and macOS Ventura - Apple Support

I just downloaded an RW2 sample image from DPReview's review of the Lumix DC-G9 camera to Ventura 13.1. It displayed a Finder icon, opened in Quick Look and Apple's Preview had no issue displaying the RAW image.

Lumix RW2 files on Photoshop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.