Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reduce Size of Chrome in Full Screen Mode

I am operating Ventura 13.0.1 on MacBook. When I enlarge Chrome to full screen (by clicking the green button), the red/yellow/green buttons disappear altogether. At that point, I cannot get Chrome to fill less of my screen or to close. No amount of hovering on the upper left of the screen brings back the buttons. I am sure there is a simple way to manage the size of Chrome and I will be grateful to a som more knowledgeable user will take the time to explain it. Ron

MacBook Air 13″, 13.0

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 5:46 AM

Hm, that is curious. Are you experiencing the same issues with other applications when they are in full screen mode, or just Chrome? If the issue is only with Chrome, I'd first suggest making sure the application is up to date:

1. Quit Chrome
  2. Open App Store
  3. Click on "Updates"
  4. If there is a Chrome update, install it
  5. Open Chrome and see if the issue persists.

If you try this and it does not work, or if there are no available updates for Chrome, I'd suggest uninstalling the Chrome application and then reinstalling it:

1. Go to Applications folder
  2. Click on Google Chrome
  3. Press Command (⌘) + Delete to delete the application
  4. Open App Store
  5. Search for Google Chrome
  6. Install Google Chrome
  7. Open Chrome and see if the issue persists

I hope that this is helpful.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 5:46 AM in response to Hoosier2020air

Hm, that is curious. Are you experiencing the same issues with other applications when they are in full screen mode, or just Chrome? If the issue is only with Chrome, I'd first suggest making sure the application is up to date:

1. Quit Chrome
  2. Open App Store
  3. Click on "Updates"
  4. If there is a Chrome update, install it
  5. Open Chrome and see if the issue persists.

If you try this and it does not work, or if there are no available updates for Chrome, I'd suggest uninstalling the Chrome application and then reinstalling it:

1. Go to Applications folder
  2. Click on Google Chrome
  3. Press Command (⌘) + Delete to delete the application
  4. Open App Store
  5. Search for Google Chrome
  6. Install Google Chrome
  7. Open Chrome and see if the issue persists

I hope that this is helpful.

Jan 4, 2023 7:15 AM in response to Hoosier2020air

Man, I am sorry to have had you go through all those steps to no avail!

I did some quick googling and wasn't able to find anyone reporting the same issue. The best advice that I have at this point would be to report the issue to google--you can find instructions on that here.

In your report, I would definitely include a screenshot as well as all of the following information:

Exact Mac Model (Apple logo menu>About This Mac)

Operating System name and version number

Everything that you have tried via this post (I would even include a link if you are able)

This will certainly not result in an immediate fix (nor does it guarantee a fix), but it's a step in the right direction.

You can also report the issue to Apple here.

Unfortunately, I am out of troubleshooting options myself. I wish you the best of luck and hope that someone else in the community might be able to provide further assistance!

Jan 4, 2023 6:54 AM in response to Hoosier2020air

Thanks again. I do not have the issue of the missing red/yellow/green buttons with any other applications in full screen mode. I tried both suggestions but the situation remains the same. The App Store did not have any updates for Chrome. I reinstalled Chrome but the issue persists.

As I think about it now, I do not remember having this issue before the last update to Ventura, or perhaps even the coming of Ventura. But, of course, human memory is finite.

Reduce Size of Chrome in Full Screen Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.