Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods not connecting after forget this device

I accidentally pressed forget this device for my AirPods now when I try to connect them a pop up m stage says iPhone can’t connect to this device forget device and try again, what should I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 8:07 AM

If you have forgotten your AirPods on your iPhone and are unable to connect to them, you can try the following steps to fix the issue:

1. Make sure your AirPods are charged: If your AirPods are low on battery, they may not be able to connect to your iPhone. Make sure that your AirPods are charged and that the charging case has enough power.
  2. Make sure your AirPods are in range: Your AirPods should be within range of your iPhone (usually about 30 feet) in order to connect. If your AirPods are too far away, they may not be able to connect.
  3. Reset your AirPods: If you have tried the steps above and are still having trouble connecting your AirPods to your iPhone, you can try resetting them. To reset your AirPods, follow these steps:
  • Place your AirPods in their charging case.
  • Press and hold the setup button on the back of the charging case until the status light flashes white.
  • Hold the case, with the AirPods inside, next to your iPhone.
  • Open the case lid.
  • Tap Connect on your iPhone.

If these steps do not help, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and find a resolution.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 8:07 AM in response to Momo_198

If you have forgotten your AirPods on your iPhone and are unable to connect to them, you can try the following steps to fix the issue:

1. Make sure your AirPods are charged: If your AirPods are low on battery, they may not be able to connect to your iPhone. Make sure that your AirPods are charged and that the charging case has enough power.
  2. Make sure your AirPods are in range: Your AirPods should be within range of your iPhone (usually about 30 feet) in order to connect. If your AirPods are too far away, they may not be able to connect.
  3. Reset your AirPods: If you have tried the steps above and are still having trouble connecting your AirPods to your iPhone, you can try resetting them. To reset your AirPods, follow these steps:
  • Place your AirPods in their charging case.
  • Press and hold the setup button on the back of the charging case until the status light flashes white.
  • Hold the case, with the AirPods inside, next to your iPhone.
  • Open the case lid.
  • Tap Connect on your iPhone.

If these steps do not help, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and find a resolution.

AirPods not connecting after forget this device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.