Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Choose which device to share your location from.

Under the "Me" tab I am unable to select to change the device.

You used to be able to select another device signed in with same iCloud account and set that device to share your location from

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 6:40 AM

You can only set the device from which to share your location from the device that will share the users location.

As such, you’ll be able to choose your iPhone (if you have one) as the location sharing source from the Find My App installed on the iPhone. Similarly, to set your iPad as the source, you’ll use the Find My App installed on your iPad.

Assuming that all of your devices are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID, you can use the Find My App can on any of your devices to see which device is currently sharing your location.

More information here:

Find people and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 6:40 AM in response to gyrouser

You can only set the device from which to share your location from the device that will share the users location.

As such, you’ll be able to choose your iPhone (if you have one) as the location sharing source from the Find My App installed on the iPhone. Similarly, to set your iPad as the source, you’ll use the Find My App installed on your iPad.

Assuming that all of your devices are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID, you can use the Find My App can on any of your devices to see which device is currently sharing your location.

More information here:

Find people and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

Can't Choose which device to share your location from.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.