Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have locked my Apple ID

How to unlock my Apple id

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:49 AM

If your Apple ID has been locked, it means that you or someone else has entered the wrong password too many times, and your account has been disabled as a security measure.

To unlock your Apple ID, you will need to reset your password. Here's how:

1. Go to the Apple ID account page: Open a web browser and go to the Apple ID account page (https://appleid.apple.com).
  2. Click the "Forgot Apple ID or password" link: On the sign in page, click the "Forgot Apple ID or password" link.
  3. Enter your Apple ID: Type in the email address associated with your Apple ID and click "Continue."
  4. Select "Reset your password": On the next page, choose the option to "Reset your password."
  5. Choose how to reset your password: You will be given the option to reset your password by answering security questions, receiving an email, or receiving a text message. Choose the option that you prefer and follow the prompts to reset your password.
  6. Enter your new password: Once you have reset your password, you will need to enter it when prompted. Make sure to choose a strong, unique password that you will remember.

After resetting your password, your Apple ID should be unlocked and you should be able to use it as normal. If you continue to have issues, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 7:49 AM in response to Haley2023

If your Apple ID has been locked, it means that you or someone else has entered the wrong password too many times, and your account has been disabled as a security measure.

To unlock your Apple ID, you will need to reset your password. Here's how:

1. Go to the Apple ID account page: Open a web browser and go to the Apple ID account page (https://appleid.apple.com).
  2. Click the "Forgot Apple ID or password" link: On the sign in page, click the "Forgot Apple ID or password" link.
  3. Enter your Apple ID: Type in the email address associated with your Apple ID and click "Continue."
  4. Select "Reset your password": On the next page, choose the option to "Reset your password."
  5. Choose how to reset your password: You will be given the option to reset your password by answering security questions, receiving an email, or receiving a text message. Choose the option that you prefer and follow the prompts to reset your password.
  6. Enter your new password: Once you have reset your password, you will need to enter it when prompted. Make sure to choose a strong, unique password that you will remember.

After resetting your password, your Apple ID should be unlocked and you should be able to use it as normal. If you continue to have issues, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.

Jan 4, 2023 1:35 PM in response to Haley2023

Hello,

I see you apparently have a disabled account, but have not provided the exact error message which would indicate a specific solution. The support article If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support has solutions for two frequently encountered reasons for an account to be disabled/locked:

● If your account has been disabled for security reasons the solution is to reset your password as outlined in this document: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you are unsuccessful you may need to request account recovery as outlined in this document How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support , or additional assistance from Apple Security: Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

● If 'your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes Store' or 'locked' then you must contact Apple; you cannot resolve this yourself. Apple provides this link for this specific issue Apple Support .

● If your account says it is inactive, contact Apple using this link Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

If it's another reason then post here with details.

I have locked my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.