Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages internationally

If I send and receive messages internationally from my Apple ID (email address) instead of my phone number do I still get charged ? Using wifi only ofcourse?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:38 AM

If you send iMessages over Mobile Data, you will only be charged for the data you use. If you use WiFi, it costs nothing. It doesn't matter if you send from your phone number or your email. If you send green messages, you send normal SMS messages, and it will be charged the local SMS rate.

But messages over iMessage, if you are on WiFi - both sending and receiving is free.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 7:38 AM in response to Community User

If you send iMessages over Mobile Data, you will only be charged for the data you use. If you use WiFi, it costs nothing. It doesn't matter if you send from your phone number or your email. If you send green messages, you send normal SMS messages, and it will be charged the local SMS rate.

But messages over iMessage, if you are on WiFi - both sending and receiving is free.

Messages internationally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.