Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage won't connect to my phone number

my imessage isn't connecting to my phone number, I recently had an Austrailan sim in my phone I'm not sure if this is why.

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:57 AM

If you have changed directly from one number to another, then this may be the reason why the number you want to use now takes some time to register. Start by unsubscribing your Australian phone number from iMessage.

(This isn't necessarily all-important, since you won't be using that number for iMessage anyway, but still a good thing, so you're sure your Australian number isn't floating around in your Apple ID.)

You can do this online here:

Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

Then disable iMessages on your iPhone. Go to:

Settings -> Messages then Disable iMessages. Turn off your iPhone, turn it back on.

Go back and enable iMessages and give it some time to register your new phone number.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 7:57 AM in response to eddi_morrissey

If you have changed directly from one number to another, then this may be the reason why the number you want to use now takes some time to register. Start by unsubscribing your Australian phone number from iMessage.

(This isn't necessarily all-important, since you won't be using that number for iMessage anyway, but still a good thing, so you're sure your Australian number isn't floating around in your Apple ID.)

You can do this online here:

Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

Then disable iMessages on your iPhone. Go to:

Settings -> Messages then Disable iMessages. Turn off your iPhone, turn it back on.

Go back and enable iMessages and give it some time to register your new phone number.

Imessage won't connect to my phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.