Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best way for sharing native iPhone photos between iPhone users?

What is the best way for sharing native iPhone photos between iPhone users when:

• You don't want to lose any photo metadata in the iPhone photos?

and

• You want the iPhone photos to show up in your camera roll ordered correctly at the time they were taken? (I thought airdrop did this, but it does not).

Thanks in advance!

-Paul

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 1:50 PM

The best way I have found to share "original" iPhone photos/videos with others is to click the share button, then click "Options" and select "iCloud Link" and "All Photos Data". These settings preserve the quality and metadata of the original photo/video. When the photos/videos are saved by the person you shared them with, they will order correctly by "Date Taken" in their Photos app. Is there any better way?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 1:50 PM in response to ninehundro

The best way I have found to share "original" iPhone photos/videos with others is to click the share button, then click "Options" and select "iCloud Link" and "All Photos Data". These settings preserve the quality and metadata of the original photo/video. When the photos/videos are saved by the person you shared them with, they will order correctly by "Date Taken" in their Photos app. Is there any better way?

What is the best way for sharing native iPhone photos between iPhone users?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.