Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change Mac "System Settings Preferences" back to grid view

Since Ventura update the system preference view has changed to list - which I HATE, it takes up too much screen space! I have VISION PROBLEMS and the other way worked much better. How do I change it back to grid view (simple & cleaner)? They took away the customize feature. Is there a work around? I didn't complain when they took away the flip through gallery (which I preferred) but now I can't customize my Mac to suit my needs? Come on man.

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 9:47 AM

" System Setting " has changed to fall more in-line with iOS for iDevices.

All the features that existed in System Preferences >> Monterey and older are still there, just more like in iOS

As for Changing it Back >> Not possible.

I am sorry to report

The best I can think of your User Requirements would to explore the options presented in below image of Display of Accessibly Category in System Setting

Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 9:47 AM in response to PookiesGold

" System Setting " has changed to fall more in-line with iOS for iDevices.

All the features that existed in System Preferences >> Monterey and older are still there, just more like in iOS

As for Changing it Back >> Not possible.

I am sorry to report

The best I can think of your User Requirements would to explore the options presented in below image of Display of Accessibly Category in System Setting

Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

How to change Mac "System Settings Preferences" back to grid view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.