Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote has a problem with my font cache and is running slow

Just updated to OS Monterey. My mac is running very well enad fast.

but.... there's an issue with keynote

Every time I go to the font selection dropdown Keynote practically crashes. I do have a lot of additional fonts installed in my system but it's ridiculous how keynote can't seem to handle it but every other application can. What's going on? and why?

I have a macbook 15pol mid 15, 16gb, i7 2,2ghz ...this really shouldn't be a problem.

i really need help... 50%of my work needs keynote.

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 3:47 AM

Hi Gary and future members with the same problem.

I had a call with apple support yesterday and the gentle Barbara has helped me with this bug.

the solution was similar to the step 4, but I've pressed option+command+r+p just after the power, and released it after the second startup sound. It's a NVRAM reboot.

It solved the problem,

more infos here: Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

thanks a lot and hope it is usefull.

best.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 3:47 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Hi Gary and future members with the same problem.

I had a call with apple support yesterday and the gentle Barbara has helped me with this bug.

the solution was similar to the step 4, but I've pressed option+command+r+p just after the power, and released it after the second startup sound. It's a NVRAM reboot.

It solved the problem,

more infos here: Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

thanks a lot and hope it is usefull.

best.

Jan 5, 2023 2:46 AM in response to gussssss

Try resetting Keynote

complete all of the following steps in the order listed:

1. close all applications
  2. uninstall Keynote; for this procedure to work, an application removal tool must be used, App Delete has a free trial and works for this procedure. It can be downloaded from the developer’s website here:  App Delete
  3. empty the Trash (Finder > Empty Trash)
  4. restart the Mac (Apple Menu > Restart);  Immediately after the Apple startup sound, press the shift key on the keyboard, release shift when the Apple icon appears. Start up will take longer than usual as the Mac is performing a software repair of the start up drive
  5. After the Mac is fully powered up, restart the Mac normally:   Apple Menu > Restart
  6. reinstall Keynote from the Mac App Store Application
  7. Restart the Mac again

Keynote has a problem with my font cache and is running slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.