Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Searching for a tv program using Siri

I’ve only had Apple TV 4K for a week, in the UK, when searching for a tv program using Siri, do you have to have the corresponding app for it to work or can you ask from any screen?

reason I ask is that we watched a program on channel 4, I then asked a Siri to find Only Connect, which is on the BBC, Siri came back & said can’t find anything check the App Store.

am I doing something wrong

Steve

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 6:55 PM

Siri (as different from dictation) and the Search app can search multiple services, if those services made their catalog searchable to Apple. About Search on your Apple TV - Apple Support says that BBC iPlayer should be included. Also test the Search app without Siri (i.e. type), to verify search results, in case the title was misinterpreted. Those might be tricky words in this case, that might only make sense when the algorithm knows that both words together are a show title. That you’re not asking Siri to connect to anything.

Use Siri on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Try “Watch <show name>” or “Play <show name> on the TV” or “Find <show name> on <app name>”. I.e. variations that may give better results. Siri is supposed to work with non-exact natural language, but then again use what works, not what fails.

Let us know how that goes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 6:55 PM in response to Stephen9356

Siri (as different from dictation) and the Search app can search multiple services, if those services made their catalog searchable to Apple. About Search on your Apple TV - Apple Support says that BBC iPlayer should be included. Also test the Search app without Siri (i.e. type), to verify search results, in case the title was misinterpreted. Those might be tricky words in this case, that might only make sense when the algorithm knows that both words together are a show title. That you’re not asking Siri to connect to anything.

Use Siri on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Try “Watch <show name>” or “Play <show name> on the TV” or “Find <show name> on <app name>”. I.e. variations that may give better results. Siri is supposed to work with non-exact natural language, but then again use what works, not what fails.

Let us know how that goes.

Searching for a tv program using Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.