Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Health app Exercise Minutes

I have the Apple Health app on my IPhone. It regularly

reports my steps and miles walked, but not Exercise Minutes, even though I have that checked as a “Favorite.” How can I get the app to report my Exercise Minutes?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 7:27 AM

Hello Faith185 - thank you for you reply. I do not have an Apple Watch, and now I see that is the issue. Does anyone know if there is an IPhone app that will track activity minutes without the need for an Apple Watch or other device?

2 replies

Jan 7, 2023 8:34 AM in response to tcarr123

Hello tcarr123,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. Do you use an Apple Watch as well or only your iPhone? If you don't wear an Apple Watch, some data will not be collected. The following guidance is from Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch.

"Health automatically counts your steps, walking, and running distances. And, if you have an Apple Watch, it automatically tracks your Activity data."

Take care.

Apple Health app Exercise Minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.