Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My watch keeps pausing during workouts, autopause is switched off

My watch stops recording workouts while I'm dong them, it records the first 10 seconds and then pauses on its own and repeats when I press resume workout. Has anyone else had this issue and what should I do?

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 12:59 AM

Make sure you have turned off Auto Pause. This can be done in the Watch or in the My Watch App on the phone in  the Workouts section

Learn how to lock the screen against accidental  tapping by hand or loose clothing consult this article

Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Make sure the Watch is snug fit - you should get pinkie between strap and wrist but not easily your thumb.

Skin pigmentation and Tattoos will affect the light transmission required by the wrist detection and HRM on the back of the watch

Wearing on the other wrist or further up the arm may help but there is no other workaround for tattoos which affect all makes of sports watch

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 12:59 AM in response to beau218

Make sure you have turned off Auto Pause. This can be done in the Watch or in the My Watch App on the phone in  the Workouts section

Learn how to lock the screen against accidental  tapping by hand or loose clothing consult this article

Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Make sure the Watch is snug fit - you should get pinkie between strap and wrist but not easily your thumb.

Skin pigmentation and Tattoos will affect the light transmission required by the wrist detection and HRM on the back of the watch

Wearing on the other wrist or further up the arm may help but there is no other workaround for tattoos which affect all makes of sports watch

My watch keeps pausing during workouts, autopause is switched off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.