Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Face ID didn’t work what should I do know?

My phone dropped in water after that my Face ID didn’t work what I will do know

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 10:49 PM

The link on top of this page which you had visited, before posting this question here, is shown under the "Related Article” that may have given you an answer.

You need to mention which part from the above article was not clear to you.

If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings > Face ID &Passcode and tap Reset Face ID. Then tap Set up Face ID to set it up again.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple ...

iPhone Camera

With iPhone 12 models and later using iOS 15.2 and later, you can go to Settings > General > About to see the parts and service history of your iPhone and you can see if the camera has been replaced. If the repair was done using genuine Apple parts and processes, you will see "Genuine Apple Part" next to Camera.

Parts and service history

With iOS 15.2 and later and iPhone XR, iPhone XS models, and later—including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)—you can go to Settings > General > About for the parts and service history of your iPhone. You can also find out if the battery has been replaced. If the replacement was done using genuine Apple parts and processes, "Genuine Apple Part" will appear next to Battery.

Do you have a disabled Face ID alert on your device?

Please read the "What to do Next" section in this link, if nothing works as per the instruction given in this link --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 10:49 PM in response to farhat35

The link on top of this page which you had visited, before posting this question here, is shown under the "Related Article” that may have given you an answer.

You need to mention which part from the above article was not clear to you.

If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings > Face ID &Passcode and tap Reset Face ID. Then tap Set up Face ID to set it up again.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple ...

iPhone Camera

With iPhone 12 models and later using iOS 15.2 and later, you can go to Settings > General > About to see the parts and service history of your iPhone and you can see if the camera has been replaced. If the repair was done using genuine Apple parts and processes, you will see "Genuine Apple Part" next to Camera.

Parts and service history

With iOS 15.2 and later and iPhone XR, iPhone XS models, and later—including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)—you can go to Settings > General > About for the parts and service history of your iPhone. You can also find out if the battery has been replaced. If the replacement was done using genuine Apple parts and processes, "Genuine Apple Part" will appear next to Battery.

Do you have a disabled Face ID alert on your device?

Please read the "What to do Next" section in this link, if nothing works as per the instruction given in this link --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro

My Face ID didn’t work what should I do know?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.