Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I see my recent locations on iPhone?

How do I see my resent location for several days

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 6:03 PM

You can only see the most recent locations. Apple changed this a while ago; while the locations are available for internal use by iOS, they can’t all be viewed. I am not sure of the reason, but as an educated guess it’s because having a full list of locations available that might be viewable by government or law enforcement it can jeopardize the privacy of the phone owner. There have been several instances reported in the press of people wrongfully stopped by police because they happened to be near the scene of a crime.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 6:03 PM in response to ibenfrederiksberg

You can only see the most recent locations. Apple changed this a while ago; while the locations are available for internal use by iOS, they can’t all be viewed. I am not sure of the reason, but as an educated guess it’s because having a full list of locations available that might be viewable by government or law enforcement it can jeopardize the privacy of the phone owner. There have been several instances reported in the press of people wrongfully stopped by police because they happened to be near the scene of a crime.

Jan 7, 2023 2:46 PM in response to ibenfrederiksberg

Hi ibenfrederiksberg,

You may find what you are looking for in Significant Locations on the iPhone. To access this information you will need the passcode or Face ID, whichever one you currently use.

Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > System Services, then tap Significant Locations.

To Delete significant locations on iPhone will help you clear the history.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care!

How do I see my recent locations on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.