You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot verify AirPods

Hello everyone, I have a issue with left Airpod pro. Touch gesture work but doesn't play music. Problem has start with new update I can't remeber which one.

Model number: A2084

Serial: H3******C6L

Version: 3A283

Airpods was a gift for me so I was not sure it is original pair but I received, when I connect them to my appleID account, 6 months of apple music and the thing is with new update ios 16 I got msg cannot verify airpods so if it's fake why I had 6 months apple music?

How to fix that ? I don't have receipt so I can't go to apple store right?

PS. According to other topics if ios 16 cant verify airpods I can't update my airpod firmware like i said before issue start with new update.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 7:46 AM

1 reply

Jan 7, 2023 3:55 PM in response to Ralph941

Hi Ralph941,

If you're receiving a "Cannot Verify AirPods" alert, please check out this link, which explains why you may be receiving that error, and what to do: If you receive a “Cannot Verify AirPods” alert

If you receive a “Cannot Verify AirPods” alert

If you receive this alert when you try to connect your AirPods to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, verify that your AirPods are genuine.

Cannot Verify AirPods alert on iPhone 

You can choose to not connect your unverified AirPods, or to connect them in Bluetooth settings. If you connect your unverified AirPods, they may not behave as expected.

For more information, contact the place of purchase.

To help verify that your AirPods are genuine, identify your AirPods.

If you need additional assistance, please contact Apple Support for help. You may be able to reach them here: Contact Apple Support

Thanks!

Cannot verify AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.