Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my track pad will not connect to iMac - without this ability how do I make a correction ? iMac is essentially unusable without mouse.

My track pad is not connecting to my iMac.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 11:27 AM

The iMac will need some user input device, whether you acquire a wired mouse (recommended), or resolve the pairing issue with your Trackpad. If it is the older replaceable battery Trackpad, then replace the batteries, or if newer rechargeable Trackpad, ensure it is fully charged. In either case, switch off the Trackpad, shutdown the iMac, switch on the Trackpad, and boot the Mac. Click once on the Trackpad when your Desktop appears and see if you get the notification that the device is connected.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 11:27 AM in response to Shanaynaynay

The iMac will need some user input device, whether you acquire a wired mouse (recommended), or resolve the pairing issue with your Trackpad. If it is the older replaceable battery Trackpad, then replace the batteries, or if newer rechargeable Trackpad, ensure it is fully charged. In either case, switch off the Trackpad, shutdown the iMac, switch on the Trackpad, and boot the Mac. Click once on the Trackpad when your Desktop appears and see if you get the notification that the device is connected.

my track pad will not connect to iMac - without this ability how do I make a correction ? iMac is essentially unusable without mouse.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.