Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I downgrade my cloud storage from 200 to 50?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 6:44 AM

I thought that might be the case. If you were to reduce your iCloud storage you would lose most of your stored data. You can try turning off iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive, iCloud Mail, all of which sync your iPhone data to iCloud to save storage on your iPhone itself. You should also check your iCloud Drive, if you use it, to see how much storage you are currently using. It’s amazing how much stuff we wind up accumulating.

Photos always seem to take up the most space. If you turn iCloud syncing off, though, those won’t be accessible to your other devices like your computer or tablet.

Without iCloud make sure you are making regular backups of your iPhone. If it’s lost, stolen, damaged, becomes non functional, you’re up a creek.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 6:44 AM in response to dove4all

I thought that might be the case. If you were to reduce your iCloud storage you would lose most of your stored data. You can try turning off iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive, iCloud Mail, all of which sync your iPhone data to iCloud to save storage on your iPhone itself. You should also check your iCloud Drive, if you use it, to see how much storage you are currently using. It’s amazing how much stuff we wind up accumulating.

Photos always seem to take up the most space. If you turn iCloud syncing off, though, those won’t be accessible to your other devices like your computer or tablet.

Without iCloud make sure you are making regular backups of your iPhone. If it’s lost, stolen, damaged, becomes non functional, you’re up a creek.

Jan 5, 2023 11:01 PM in response to lkrupp

Thanks for your response.

The options have red arrows on them, in other words unselectable.

I am using 195GB of 200GB cloud space; however I’ve used only 64GB of my 256GB phone. Is there a way to use the rest of my local/phone capacity (instead of cloud) while still being able to share files among my three devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.