Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Steps Data No Longer Populating

I noticed that when i’m not wearing my apple watch, my iphone 11 no longer capture my steps in the fitness app. Is anyone else having this issue?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 11:06 AM

Hi QueenNay87,

If you want your steps captured from your iPhone when you're not wearing your Apple Watch, then you'll need to follow the steps via the link below in the section titled "Choose your favorite categories to track."

Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch

1) Open the Health app and tap the Summary tab. 
2) Tap Edit next to Favorites.
3) To add or remove a category from your favorites, tap it. Categories with a blue star  appear in your favorites.
4) When you're finished, tap Done. 

Your favorites show how you're doing in each health category that day, like Mindful Minutes or Steps. To see more information about a category, tap it.

We recommend the steps above because they will show you how to use the  Health app to gather health data from your iPhone when you're not wearing your Apple Watch.

Please let us know the outcome after giving the above steps a try.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 11:06 AM in response to QueenNay87

Hi QueenNay87,

If you want your steps captured from your iPhone when you're not wearing your Apple Watch, then you'll need to follow the steps via the link below in the section titled "Choose your favorite categories to track."

Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch

1) Open the Health app and tap the Summary tab. 
2) Tap Edit next to Favorites.
3) To add or remove a category from your favorites, tap it. Categories with a blue star  appear in your favorites.
4) When you're finished, tap Done. 

Your favorites show how you're doing in each health category that day, like Mindful Minutes or Steps. To see more information about a category, tap it.

We recommend the steps above because they will show you how to use the  Health app to gather health data from your iPhone when you're not wearing your Apple Watch.

Please let us know the outcome after giving the above steps a try.

Cheers!

Steps Data No Longer Populating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.