Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just purchased more iCloud storage but am still not able to back up what do I need to do

I just purchased more iCloud storage but still not able to do a backup what have I done or need to do

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 2:59 PM

If you have purchased additional iCloud storage but are still unable to complete a backup, there may be an issue with your iCloud account or with the backup process. Here are some things you can try:

1. Make sure that you are signed in to iCloud with the correct Apple ID and password.
  2. Make sure that your device is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
  3. Check for any updates to your device or to iCloud. Outdated software can sometimes cause issues with backups.
  4. Restart your device. This can sometimes resolve issues with iCloud backups.
  5. Check your iCloud storage to make sure that you have enough space to complete the backup. You can check your iCloud storage by going to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Manage Storage.
  6. If you are still unable to complete the backup, you may want to try deleting some older backups or other data from your iCloud account to free up space. You can do this by going to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups.
  7. If you have tried all of the above steps and you are still unable to complete the backup, you may want to try backing up your device using iTunes on your computer. To do this, connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. Select your device in iTunes, then click the "Back Up Now" button.

I hope this information helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 2:59 PM in response to DMLove

If you have purchased additional iCloud storage but are still unable to complete a backup, there may be an issue with your iCloud account or with the backup process. Here are some things you can try:

1. Make sure that you are signed in to iCloud with the correct Apple ID and password.
  2. Make sure that your device is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
  3. Check for any updates to your device or to iCloud. Outdated software can sometimes cause issues with backups.
  4. Restart your device. This can sometimes resolve issues with iCloud backups.
  5. Check your iCloud storage to make sure that you have enough space to complete the backup. You can check your iCloud storage by going to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Manage Storage.
  6. If you are still unable to complete the backup, you may want to try deleting some older backups or other data from your iCloud account to free up space. You can do this by going to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups.
  7. If you have tried all of the above steps and you are still unable to complete the backup, you may want to try backing up your device using iTunes on your computer. To do this, connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. Select your device in iTunes, then click the "Back Up Now" button.

I hope this information helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

I just purchased more iCloud storage but am still not able to back up what do I need to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.