Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch ID

okay so i have an apple watch series 3 i think it is, i haven’t used it in years but i have had the same Apple ID for as long as i have has the watch. i tried to reset it cause at some point it got unsync but it was still showing all my info just not connecting to my phone so i reset it completely. now that I have reset it and am trying to log in to use it, it shows a different Apple ID then the one i originally signed into on it i have no access to this email or anything and it doesn’t give me the option to switch the Apple ID…sooo im stuck and confused as to why this email that has never been associated with my apple watch coming up..

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 12:46 AM

The Watch is activation locked to that other Apple ID. Without it the watch can never be unlocked. How it was locked in the past does not matter, but it was.

Any Apple device with activation lock still applied is totally useless to the user unless the original owner can be contacted.

Further information can be found here

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 12:46 AM in response to rxnzx

The Watch is activation locked to that other Apple ID. Without it the watch can never be unlocked. How it was locked in the past does not matter, but it was.

Any Apple device with activation lock still applied is totally useless to the user unless the original owner can be contacted.

Further information can be found here

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.