Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have reset my locked notes password but I still can’t get in.

How do I get it to work?

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 10:06 PM

You can reset your password, but that will not open an existing note for which you used a different password. You need the original password you set to open that note.

See Apple's comment on this in the section of How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support called Use your iPhone passcode or a notes password to lock notes:

If you use a unique password for Notes, there is no way to access your locked notes if you forget the password. If you forget this password, you can reset your notes password and use your new password to lock other notes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 10:06 PM in response to ralie49

You can reset your password, but that will not open an existing note for which you used a different password. You need the original password you set to open that note.

See Apple's comment on this in the section of How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support called Use your iPhone passcode or a notes password to lock notes:

If you use a unique password for Notes, there is no way to access your locked notes if you forget the password. If you forget this password, you can reset your notes password and use your new password to lock other notes.

I have reset my locked notes password but I still can’t get in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.