Multiple monitor order changes when macbook pro awakes

MacBook Pro (2021) 16" M1 Max/32GB

I have an old problem re-surfaced in Ventura that I wonder if anyone can help with?

I run two external displays, only 1080 HD displays, one connected directly to the HDMI port, the second connected via USB-C (Genuine Apple HDMI to USB-c media adaptor).

They are not disconnected at all, and remain connected to the mac in the home office. I seem to have a problem when I wake the MacBook up the displays change order from what I set.

Now once I change the order it's fine for the rest of the day, but if the mac sleeps, when I awake it the monitors default back to a different order.

Its starting to drive me a little crazy, and changing the order of the displays is now also an extra menu down to change it again!

Is there a known issue here in OS Ventura?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 3:50 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Jan 8, 2023 2:42 PM in response to iPadJ

Hello iPadJ,

If the display arrangement is not being retained, you'll want to get the computer updated to the current version of Ventura. At this time, it would be 13.1. You can download the latest version in System Settings > General in the sidebar > Software Update on the right.

Update macOS on Mac

If the display arrangement still won't save after sleep/wake, you'll want to contact Apple to report the issue: Get Support

Cheers!

Multiple monitor order changes when macbook pro awakes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.