Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bottom info bar in numbers missing on iPad

I recently got an iPad pro, and I'm desperately trying to find the quickinfo bar in Numbers, as it's very essential to my workflow, however, I can't seem to find/activate it. In case you don't know what I mean: in Numbers on a Mac, there is an info bar at the bottom that appears as soon as you select 2 or more cells, showing SUM/AVERAGE/MIN/MAX/COUNTA. I can't get Numbers on iPad to display that info! Please help - there is no reason this should not be possible to display on iPad!

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 8:23 AM

Yes, I am using it to view results as I make a selection - this is extremely practical and I need it in my workflow! How come this is not possible on iPad?! Surely, there's enough screen estate! :(((

Also, the quick formulas function is rather useless as it will ALWAYS put the result in the cell right below the selected ones, there's no way to choose a cell where to put the results. I just don't understand why the functionality needs to be so much worse on iPad, it could work exactly the same as on MacOS!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 8:23 AM in response to SGIII

Yes, I am using it to view results as I make a selection - this is extremely practical and I need it in my workflow! How come this is not possible on iPad?! Surely, there's enough screen estate! :(((

Also, the quick formulas function is rather useless as it will ALWAYS put the result in the cell right below the selected ones, there's no way to choose a cell where to put the results. I just don't understand why the functionality needs to be so much worse on iPad, it could work exactly the same as on MacOS!

Jan 6, 2023 8:17 AM in response to martinroemer

Don't know exactly how you are using the quick calculations but if you are using it as a quick and convenient way to insert formulas then similar functionality in Numbers for iOS is accessed by selecting the range of cells, then choosing Cell Actions ... from the bar that pops up and going to the QUICK FORMULAS section in the pop-up.

If you are using it just to view the results as you select a range, then you won't find the same thing in iOS/iPadOS.

SG

bottom info bar in numbers missing on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.