Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two Apple ID's, how do I delete one?

This exact question has been asked before. However, the link I went to seemed to mention deleting your account completely. I dare not try to do that, as I don't want to lose my primary account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.0

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 8:17 AM

I am not clear what it is you wish to do then. You ask about deleting an Apple ID but then say you don't want to do it. Please give a more detailed description of your dilemma and what you wish to achieve.

For information about how to delete an Apple ID account, click here --> How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Click on this link about how to deactivate your Apple ID account --> How to deactivate your Apple ID account - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 8:17 AM in response to Tom Perkins1

I am not clear what it is you wish to do then. You ask about deleting an Apple ID but then say you don't want to do it. Please give a more detailed description of your dilemma and what you wish to achieve.

For information about how to delete an Apple ID account, click here --> How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Click on this link about how to deactivate your Apple ID account --> How to deactivate your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Jan 11, 2023 8:11 AM in response to Tom Perkins1

Sorry but where exactly are you seeing each of those? Is one a web page and the other a computer preferences pane? You can sign in on the web independently from signing in on a particular device. I can, for example, be signed out on my computer but I can go to my web browser and sign in on the web browser. I had two IDs I could even sign in on my computer with one ID and into iCloud with a browser with another.

I have two Apple ID's, how do I delete one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.