Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to tell which app is using the camera or microphone

My phone shows green dot but I can’t see any app open. I am new to Apple please help as the green dot square me :(

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 10:56 AM

If you see the green dot, it means that an app has used the camera. If you pull down the Control Center, you can see which app has used or is using the camera at the top.

The same applies if you see an orange dot, then it is the microphone that is in use.

You can read more about the green and orange dot indicator here:

About the orange and green indicators in your iPhone status bar - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 10:56 AM in response to Cheer-All

If you see the green dot, it means that an app has used the camera. If you pull down the Control Center, you can see which app has used or is using the camera at the top.

The same applies if you see an orange dot, then it is the microphone that is in use.

You can read more about the green and orange dot indicator here:

About the orange and green indicators in your iPhone status bar - Apple Support

How to tell which app is using the camera or microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.