Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV + iPad for Fitness+ Dual Screen Option?

Have an Apple TV set up in my fitness room for Fitness+.

Like to have Fitness+ on TV and stream via airplay to my iPad at same time! Both screens simultaneously. Why? When on my knees for certain exercises, I have no way to twist around and follow instructions on TV. Depending on exercise, could have my iPad down on mat.

Tried airplay from iPad and Apple TV but just mirrors one or other, not both!

Any suggestions ? Thx.

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 4:45 PM

Hello Eur2,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that you want to have Fitness+ streaming on your iPad and Apple TV at the same time. We are happy to point you in the right direction.

Please kindly provide Apple your feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

3 replies

Jan 9, 2023 10:26 AM in response to Eur2

You are using basic Airplay and that is designed to cast content from your iPad to the Apple TV, you will then see the media on your Apple TV and a card on iPad to show that it is being airplayed.

If you want it to display on both then you would be using mirroring (steps below). This is sending out the entire display in realtime, and requires a more stable connection so be aware that results may vary.

• Open Control Center:On iPhone X or later or iPad with iPadOS 13 or later: Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.

1. Tap Screen Mirroring  .
  2. Select your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or Mac from the list.

AppleTV + iPad for Fitness+ Dual Screen Option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.