Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make Music playlist window small

Since updating to OS Monterey, I can no longer make the music window small.

I need to have a small window where I can see my playlist, but there's now a huge cover image that does not scroll. How to remove this so I can see the songs, without making the window bigger?

And why does the miniplayer also show the image instead of the playlist? I don't need to see the image, I need to see my songs!

Music 1.2.5.7

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 9:50 AM

7 replies

Jan 8, 2023 4:55 PM in response to AstridJones21

Hello AstridJones21,

It seems like you're wanting to view just the playlist in the MiniPlayer, right? Take a look at this article for more information:

Use Music MiniPlayer on Mac

"MiniPlayer takes up very little space on your screen and still lets you adjust the volume, search for songs, choose which songs play next, and more.

MiniPlayer displays the album artwork for the song that’s playing. When you move the pointer over the artwork, controls appear.

Expanded MiniPlayer showing the controls for the song that’s playing. In the top-left corner are the window controls used to open and close the Full Screen Player. The main part of the window shows the album artwork for the song that’s playing. Below the artwork are a slider to move to a different part of the song, and buttons to adjust the volume, show lyrics, and see what’s playing next.

You can also shrink the MiniPlayer window to an even smaller size.

The smaller Music MiniPlayer, showing only the controls (and not the album artwork).

Note: Not all features are available in the Apple Music Voice Plan. Apple Music, Apple Music Voice, lossless, and Dolby Atmos aren’t available in all countries or regions. See the Apple Support article Availability of Apple Media Services."

Regards.

Jan 8, 2023 5:29 PM in response to Tammer1

Thanks; what I actually want is the regular window with just the list of songs; I had it like this until I upgraded. I could make the window just a few lines high and still scroll and select songs easily.

Unfortunately in both the regular window and the MiniPlayer, there is no way to have a window just a few lines high *and* see my songs list.

I may have to just work with the MiniPlayer and deal with it covering up my zoom presentation while I pick music (I select music for the current vibe in the zoom room, which is why I need to be able to see my song list).

Make Music playlist window small

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.