Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple One & Itunes Match

I have Apple One & Itunes Match. I am planning on cancelling Itunes match since it is included in Apple One BUT When I cancel Itunes match will all the music I loaded up a long time ago go away?

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 11:04 AM

The changeover should be seamless. Apple One includes Apple Music. Apple Music is a superset of iTunes Match, and includes the matching and uploading features. That said you really should have a backup of all of the music that you've currently added to iTunes Match, and should not rely entirely on the cloud. If the cloud has the only copy of a track, and you delete in error, then it has gone for good. You cannot rely on copies downloaded to a device either, iTunes/Music will keep a downloaded item and mark it as removed, but the deletion is performed immediately on iOS devices.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 11:04 AM in response to Hotchman

The changeover should be seamless. Apple One includes Apple Music. Apple Music is a superset of iTunes Match, and includes the matching and uploading features. That said you really should have a backup of all of the music that you've currently added to iTunes Match, and should not rely entirely on the cloud. If the cloud has the only copy of a track, and you delete in error, then it has gone for good. You cannot rely on copies downloaded to a device either, iTunes/Music will keep a downloaded item and mark it as removed, but the deletion is performed immediately on iOS devices.

tt2

Apple One & Itunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.