Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app window not going away (screenshot included)

*This has nothing to do with Ventura, this has been a problem before I updated. Had to make that clear because there's no "notes app" topic option for me to select.

That white square in the corner, is the window of a "new note" in my notes app. It will not go away. It's there even if I quit the app. And if I click on it then the app starts up again and it moves into plain view.

What's going on, here? I don't want to delete the Notes App but I will if I have to. So bizarre. It's not a huge deal because it only appears when I hover the mouse to the bottom right of my screen, but it's still annoying.

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 2:13 PM

That's a Quick Note. It can be turned off in Settings > Desktop & Dock > Hot Corners.

2 replies

Notes app window not going away (screenshot included)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.