Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete health data in iCloud .

I turned off the health data in iCloud so that inaccurate data would not affect fitness apps on watch and phone.

However, now I want to turn iCloud back on in the health app so that I can share it with other apps. I cannot find a way to delete the health data.

I would be very grateful of any help.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 8:56 PM

See this link to delete heath data https://beebom.com/how-delete-entire-health-data-iphone/

And the article View your data in Health on iPhone - Apple Support

• Delete data: Tap Show All Data below Options, swipe left on a data record, then tap Delete. To delete all data, tap Edit, then tap Delete All.

3 replies

Jan 7, 2023 12:38 AM in response to tygb

Thanks @tygb. I don’t need to delete from phone - done that. I need to delete from iCloud storage.

My phone is data free but when I want to sync health data across apps I need to use iCloud. And in iCloud is the old data in a file that I cannot find a way to delete.

As soon as I reinstate iCloud it uploads the old data into apps. Very annoying!

At the moment I am thinking the only way is to move all my iCloud files to a non iCloud location where I can better manipulate them, remove health backed up data and then pop it all back into iCloud. I really don’t want to do this so I am hoping there is a way to delete the health backup from iCloud so that I can reinstate iCloud.

Any ideas?

Jan 7, 2023 1:06 AM in response to astrogirl777

Health data is not included in iCloud storage or backed up What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Some information is not included in an iCloud backup but can be added to iCloud and shared across multiple devices like Mail, Health data.

The health data is shared from others Share your data in Health on iPhone - Apple Support

The back up of iPhone might be stored on other Mac / computer , you can erase the device and once again reset Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

How do I delete health data in iCloud .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.