Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad stuck on wifi network page

I have an older style ipad that is only coming up with choose a wifi network. It will not let me go to any other screen. I cannot even access settings. I don't use this ipad for internet just for my son to watch his movies and play his games. I have restarted the ipad a few times but still stuck on this screen. Help!

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 9:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 9:33 PM

Looks like you may have reset your iPad

Setup needs to be completed as suggested on the screen. One way is to temporarily connect to a WiFi network.

2 replies

Jan 6, 2023 9:19 PM in response to rebecah192

rebecah192 Said:

"Ipad stuck on wifi network page: I have an older style ipad that is only coming up with choose a wifi network. It will not let me go to any other screen. I cannot even access settings. I don't use this ipad for internet just for my son to watch his movies and play his games. I have restarted the ipad a few times but still stuck on this screen. Help!"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Troubleshooting iPad WiFi:

A. Delete a VPN:

VPN is a common a culprit. So, disconnect from it, unless required for work, school, and such.

B. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

C. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Wifi is disconnecting, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

D. Report this to Apple:

Did you just update your device?

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Comment: when this issue began, and how you have troubleshot this, thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Ipad stuck on wifi network page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.